Saturday, July 16, 2005

Our week

After a week back from the DR, I am feeling back in shape again. The weather makes me feel like I am still there though. Nancy's tooth is still being worked on next week. The root canal wasn't quite finished yet. Her shoulder still hurts. The doctor originally said bursitis, but xray showed there might be some arthritis.

Amy left Wednesday morning at 8 AM on a shuttle from Rochester to Winona to catch the Amtrak to Jewell's. The train was two hours behind schedule in Winona, so she missed her original connection at Union Station in Chicago for Grand Rapids. Amtrak was going to put her up in a hotel for the night, however, they found another train to Dearborn (an hour from Grand Rapids) and Jewell and Mark picked her up. She got there at 10:30 PM.

We haven't heard from her since Wednesday night. I know that she was planning on going to a midnight Harry Potter party at a bookstore last night. She is planning to return on the train on Thursday.

The white car needed expensive air conditioner work and it is still in the shop.

I picked up a new life bird last night. A birder friend told me about an uncommon bird he had been seeing at Chester Woods Park near Eyota and said he'd help me find it. We hiked about a mile through knee high grass in the 85 degree heat at 7 last night and found it. It is a Henslow's Sparrow (click the name to read about it). That is #338 including the 11 new ones I saw in the DR this year. I also saw a new Minnesota bird for me near the parking lot. An Orchard Oriole. That was # 288 in MN for me.

No comments: