Thursday, July 21, 2005

Camping with my dad

On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I went on a camping trip with my dad. We packed up the motorcycle with camping gear and headed for Calendonia, Minnesota. It took about four hours to get there. We stayed at the campground at Camp Winnebago. The scenery was beautiful. We unpacked our stuff and put up the tent. We ate freeze-dried food for supper and we bought stuff at the grocery store for other meals. There was a pond covered with green slime that was infected with frogs. As you can guess, I spent most of my time there and I identified two or three species of frogs that resided in these murky waters. I also saw a snake swimming in the water, which was a new experience for me. On Tuesday, we went hiking at Beaver Creek State Park and caught fireflies. On the last day we were there, we woke up to thunder and we tried to pack up quickly before it started raining. Unfortunately, it didn't work very well and we had to take our tent down in the rain and move all our stuff to a picnic shelter where we stayed for two hours. When the rain finally let up, we packed up the motorcycle and started our five hour ride home. We arrived safely. It was fun. We'll publish some pictures when they're developed.

2 comments:

Paul said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paul said...

Thanks for the neat article, Sara. Sounds like you had a great time. We had rain too on Wed and Thurs morning. Those were the only real rain showers we've had for a long time. Benji will be going to camp on Aug 9. Can't wait to see some pictures.