Thursday, December 29, 2005

All those gift cards really came in handy



David finally said goodbye to his long-suffering 1987 Nova and bought a new 2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE. (The color is called Light Tundra - kind of a forest green.)

A down payment, higher insurance rates, and monthly payments for years to come were the only drawbacks to having a dependable car with air conditioning, good pick-up, air bags, solid construction and a radio/CD player.

I understand the Nova will be sold at auction (I got $500 for the trade-in) and will probably end up with a second life on the streets of Mazatlan, Mexico. I kind of hope so.

Anyway, I thought you might like to see the source of both my excitement and my buyer's remorse.


1 comment:

Diane said...

Wow. Very, very cool, David. You really were prudent with your old car and the new one is very much deserved. Congrats. I hope we can ride in it sometime!